● Children, immediate and extended family members of the staff of the OCA or members of its Children’s Advisory Panel are not eligible to participate.
● Children who are members of the immediate or extended family of any of the competition’s sponsors are not eligible to enter.
● Entries must be submitted to email@example.com on or before May 31, 2020 at 12 midnight. Absolutely no late entries will be accepted.
● Scripts for the poems have a word limit of 200-250 words.
● Video entries can also be submitted via direct messaging on Facebook and Instagram @OCA Jamaica.
● Scripts for both traditional poems and dub poems/the spoken word must be properly titled
● Poem recitation must be creatively presented
● Only one (1) entry is allowed per participant.
● The pieces being submitted should not include any illegal references, lewd language or any reference to anything offensive or bear any sexual connotations.
● Patois can be used in poems, however, language should be fluent and understandable.
● For dub poetry or the spoken word, groups are allowed; this should not exceed three (3) persons.