It is the duty of a “prescribed person” and/or any other person, who has information that causes them to suspect that a child is in need of care and protection, to make a report to the Registry and any other relevant authority.

According to the Child Care and Protection Act (2004) a “prescribed person” is:

  1. A physician, nurse, dentist or other health or mental health professional
  2. An administrator of a hospital facility
  3. A school principal, teacher or other teaching professional
  4. A social worker or other social service professional
  5. An owner, operator or employee of a child day care centre or other child care institution
  6. A guidance counsellor
  7. Any other person who by virtue of his employment or occupation has a responsibility to discharge a duty of care towards a child


Who are reports made to?


Facebook IconTwitter IconVisit us on Instagramfacebook like buttontwitter follow button