It is the duty of a “prescribed person” and/or any other person, who has information that causes them to suspect that a child is in need of care and protection, to make a report to the Registry and any other relevant authority.
According to the Child Care and Protection Act (2004) a “prescribed person” is:
- A physician, nurse, dentist or other health or mental health professional
- An administrator of a hospital facility
- A school principal, teacher or other teaching professional
- A social worker or other social service professional
- An owner, operator or employee of a child day care centre or other child care institution
- A guidance counsellor
- Any other person who by virtue of his employment or occupation has a responsibility to discharge a duty of care towards a child
⇒ Who are reports made to?